Today we will be talking about how to resist the urge to spend? At the core of all personal finances advice is this one fundamental principal. You have to resist the urge of spend as much as you want. Without this discipline its difficult to reach any sort of long term financial goal which is not to say that you cant spend anything, its just means when to say NO. That can be tough to do and thats one reason why many people fall into a debt trap. So firstly you have to learn how to resellers walk into their stores.
One tactic is often used that is temporary discount of sales to provoke a sense of urgency. When you see a sign of 20% off this week they are hoping to induce you to buy now, even if you really needed now.
Secondly, learn how to talk to yourself and program yourself with your own positive frugal messages. Visualize what drives you to be debt free and build wide. You can also write down your specific messages or find pictures that represent your goals.
Thirdly, remove your spending power. Find a way to make using your credit card a challenge and switch to using a debit card cash instead.
Lastly focus on differentiating on your wants and your needs. This is a specially important!!
Filed in: Saving Money
Sites That Link to this Post
- Carnival of Financial Planning | Making Sense of Cents | January 18, 2013
- LIFESTYLE CARNIVAL: Late Saturday Edition | January 19, 2013
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults - 20s Finances | January 20, 2013
- CashNetUSA | Carnival of Money Pros - CashNetUSA | January 20, 2013
- Carnival of Retirement | January 22, 2013
- Festival of Frugality #372 | Evolving Personal Finance | January 22, 2013